Recipe: Pork Cutlets in Breadcrumbs
This stunningly simple recipe is a perfect cold cut for picnics and barbecues. Using the bare minimum of ingredients, anyone can prepare this tasty pork treat a couple of hours ahead of time.
- Pork chops
- Breadcrumbs – Different types of bread will make different tastes. Experiment with your favourite breads.
- Salt and pepper
- Remove any bones from the pork, and tenderize the meat using a tenderizer or a rolling pin.
- Season the pork liberally with salt and pepper.
- Dip the pork into beaten egg, and then into breadcrumbs. The egg will help the breadcrumbs to stick to the chop. Repeating the dipping a couple of times will give a thicker, more batter like coating.
- Drop the coated pork into a deep fat fryer until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Resist eating the chops until they are cool.
- Serve with a green salad and coleslaw for maximum taste.