Fast Food: Tasty Ramen
Even something as unassuming as instant noodles can be a real treat if you prepare it with care. Next time you want something quick and easy, try this tasty recipe.
1 Pack of Ramen Noodles
1 vegetable stock cube
½ an onion, coarsely diced
1 chicken thigh, boned and skinned
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp honey
1 tsp garlic powder
juice of ½ a lemon
1 tbsp of sesame oil
2 chopped chilli peppers
handful of shredded pak choi or lettuce
- Fry the chicken, onion, and chilli in the sesame oil, adding the garlic powder after about 1 minute. Keep the chicken moving around the pan to make sure that it does not stick.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the noodles and stock cube to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover the bowl with cling film and microwave for three minutes on full power .
- Add the noodles, honey, and soy sauce to the chicken. Keep stirring the mixture for another minute. Try to make sure that the noodles get evenly coated in the soy and honey mixture.
- Add the pak choi and lemon juice. Continue stirring the mixture until the heat wilts the pak choi, and then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with extra soy sauce, or hot pepper sauce if you prefer it.
This recipe only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, and it doesn’t make a lot of mess. You can use quorn or soya instead of chicken if you prefer, and sugar-snap peas make a tasty addition if the season is right.